Saturday, December 16, 2006

More Week 15

Back in college, I had a buddy we called “Thursday Night Dave.” We’d all go out on Thursday night, and when we returned to the dorm after more than a few pops, good old Dave would scour the building, pop in on some friends, pull the mattress out from under people that were sleeping. He even interrupted at least one, um, encounter? Basically, he’d wreak havoc to the point they put a sign in the lobby reading “It’s Thursday Night. Lock Your Door.” It was much fun for everybody (well, unless you were the guy sleeping on the mattress).

Why am I telling you this? Because I haven’t had a good Thursday night seemingly since college. These Thursday NFL games are killing me, causing me to start 0-1 every week. Maybe I’ll have better luck on Saturday.

Saturday, December 16, 2006

The Match-up: Dallas (-3.0) @ Atlanta
The Skinny: The Falcons are finally wising up to my idea (floated back in September) about playing Ron Mexico and back up Matt Schaub at the same time. Of course, they’re doing it out of necessity and not creativity. Hey, whatever the reason, I just hope it works.
Straight Up: Atlanta

Against the Spread: Atlanta