Wednesday, November 23, 2005

The Thanksgiving Day Deuce

Thanksgiving is hands down my favorite holiday of the year. Why? Because I get to sit around, watch football, eat until I feel the need to undo the button on my pants, and fall asleep in the recliner. My wife would tell you that's no different from how I spend every weekend. Touche.

Anyway, my Thanksgiving ritual is basically as follows:

1) Wake up and eat an enormous breakfast of eggs, bacon, and cinnamon buns.
2) Camp out in front of the TV to watch part of the Thanksgiving Day Parade (only because it is hosted by charter "List of Five" member Kelly Ripa.
3) Watch football (root for whomever is playing against Dallas).
4) Gorge myself on turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, corn, bread, and gravy.
5) Watch more football as the Triptophan kicks in and gently nod off.
6) Wake up just in time for dessert.

Time to add a new feature to the ritual - share with you, my loyal readers, the Turkey Day picks (the remaining games for the weekend will follow in a later post). Enjoy, and Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

The Match-up: Atlanta (-3.0) @ Detroit
The Skinny: I don't think either team should be making plans to return to Ford Field in February, but I do like Ron Mexico to shine on a national stage, a la Randy Moss against the Cowgirls a few years back.
Straight up: Atlanta
Against the Spread: Atlanta

The Match-up: Denver (-2.0) @ Dallas
The Skinny: The Broncos are playing some good football right now. And what would Thanksgiving be if I didn't go against the Cowboys?
Straight up: Denver
Against the Spread: Denver